First discovered in the 1980’s botox is one of the world’s most commonly performed cosmetic procedures.
New Westminster Dr. Doug Lovely dentist has incorporated botox injections into their dental practice’s after completing training with a certified practitioner.
The College of Dental Surgeon’s has included botox as part of the scope of dentistry. This is primarily due to the fact that dentists study facial and muscle anatomy extensively in school and perform injections on a daily basis.
Dr. Doug Lovely, New Westminster botox treatment uses an ultra fine needle to inject a few drops of botox into the muscle(s) of the treatment area. This blocks the nerve impulses allowing the muscles to relax and wrinkles to soften and fade for a relaxed, refreshed, youthful look.
You can choose a subtle change or a more dramatic change simply by adding more or less botox.
- Varies by patient but usually lasts about 3 to 4 months and often has a cumulative effect, needing less as you have regular treatments.
- Takes about 5 days to completely take effect
- Treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the areas
- Approximate cost for treatment depends on the areas to be treated.
Areas that can be enhanced with botox include:
- Forehead and nose lines
- Crow’s feet or laugh lines
- Eyebrow lift
- Fine lines around the lips
- Chin dimples
Contact New Westminster cosmetic dentists Dr. Doug Lovely & Associates today for more information on botox therapy treatments or to book an appointment.
Fraser River, New Westminster Skyline